Effingham County Health Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TITLE: Early Childhood Consultant (2 positions)
STATUS: Full-time, 40 hours per week, hourly
SCHEDULE: Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around program event need and families served.
Serves Prevention Initiative families (pregnant families and children 0-3) utilizing the Parents as Teachers curriculum model and plans. Emphasis in planning is focused on partnering with the parent and facilitating developmental learning activities in the home, while identifying and supporting parent strengths. Provides parenting and child development information. Develops a supportive relationship with clients and assists families in addressing needs and setting and meeting their goals. Provides intake of potential clients. Works with clients to best meet their family needs for individual services. Provides referrals to a network of community agencies and services. Conducts biweekly home visits in accordance with program requirements. Plans and conducts parent workshops and events.
- Associate’s required. Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood, Family and Social Services, Family and Consumer Sciences or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with young children and/or parents.
- Experience working with at risk populations preferred.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and proficient Microsoft applications.
- Parents as Teachers Certification required (may be acquired after hire).
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Oral and written fluency required.
There are three ways to apply for a job.
1. You can fill out the application below on the website. Once completed it will be sent to our department.
2. You can download a PDF version of the application. The PDF can be filled out on your computer and emailed to email@example.com
3. You can download the PDF version of the application and print it and mail or drop off the completed form to: Effingham County Health Department, 901 W. Virginia Ave., Effingham, IL 62401.