What is the purpose of W.I.C.?
W.I.C. is a food assistance program for Women, Infants, and Children. It helps pregnant women, new mothers and young children eat well and stay healthy.
Who can receive W.I.C. services?
Women and their children who are:
- Pregnant, breastfeeding or just had a baby (Link to breastfeeding page)
- Infants and children under 5 years old (including foster children)
- Families with low to medium income (income requirements below)
- Too see if you qualify for W.I.C. visit: https://wic.fns.usda.gov/wps/pages/start.jsf
What services are offered?
W.I.C. can provide:
- Special checks to buy healthy foods – like milk, juice, eggs, cheese, cereal, dry beans or peas, and peanut butter
- Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and healthy
- Information and help about breastfeeding
- Help in finding health care and other services in the area
Income Eligibility Guidelines