(6-17-22) Effingham, IL – ECHD announces 54 new cases of COVID have been reported from Friday, June 10 through Thursday, June 16; and 55 new cases of COVID were reported from June 3rd thru June 9th.
The Health Department is also receiving daily calls from people who have tested positive at home or who know they have been exposed to someone who tested positive on a home test. The amount of home tests means that we know our Confirmed numbers are an undercount. We’d like to remind people of the steps they can take to reduce their risk of COVID. The more steps you use, the increased level of protection you are creating for yourself:
- Stay up to date with your COVID vaccinations and boosters.
- Avoid crowded indoor spaces
- If you do go into crowded indoor spaces mask up (KN95 mask are very effective and comfortable to wear).
- Ensure good ventilation indoors.
- Do a rapid test before large gatherings and a few days after.
- Stay home and test if feeling unwell.
- Socialize outdoors.
- Wash your hands.
Whether you need a first dose of COVID vaccine or a booster dose, call the Effingham County Health Department on 217-342-9237 and choose the CLINIC option to speak to someone who can check your eligibility and book your appointment.
The Covid Testing Center is now situated in the White Hoop Building by the Effingham County Health Department, 901 W Virginia Ave, Effingham. Clinic hours have been expanded to Monday through Friday from 9 to Noon and in the afternoon from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Testing is still drive-through.
ECHD asks people that need testing to drive into the White Hooped Building and to then call the Health Department on 217-342-9237 and to choose the Covid Testing Call Option. A member of the testing team will then come out to the White Hoop Building for you.
• No insurance is required for these free tests.
• This service is available to anyone seeking testing.
• For ages 5+.
• No appointment or physician order required.
• Rapid results the same day.
• Rapid tests while supplies last.
• PCR results take 2-3 days.
• There will be no testing on days the Health Department is closed.
For more information on testing call ECHD on 217-342-9237 and select COVID Testing