(11-10-22) Effingham, IL The Effingham County Health Department (ECHD) announces 33 new cases of COVID-19 were reported from Friday, November 4 through Thursday, November 10. The Effingham County Health Department also announces it will be closed on Friday, November 11 in honor of Veterans Day, there will be no COVID testing that day.
Positive case demographics for this week are as follows:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) makes the following recommendations:
- Stay up to date on vaccination, including recommended booster doses.
- Get tested if you have symptoms.
- Maintain ventilation improvements.
- Avoid contact with people who have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow recommendations for isolation if you have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow the recommendations for what to do if you are exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- If you are at high risk of getting very sick, talk with a healthcare provider about additional prevention actions.
People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask.
Remember, the more steps you use, the increased level of protection you are creating for yourself. Stay up to date with your COVID vaccinations and boosters. People who are up to date on vaccines have a much lower risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19 compared with unvaccinated people.
Free Covid Testing Center is available in the White Hoop Building by the Effingham County Health Department, 901 W Virginia Ave, Effingham. The Drive-Thru Clinic hours are Monday through Friday from 9
to Noon and in the afternoon from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
• No insurance is required for these free tests.
• This service is available to anyone seeking testing.
• For ages 5+.
• No appointment or physician order required.
• Rapid results the same day.
• Rapid tests while supplies last.
• PCR results take 2-3 days.
• There will be no testing on days the Health Department is closed.