(3-25-22) Effingham, IL – The Effingham County Health Department (ECHD) announces 13 new cases of COVID have been reported from Friday, March 18 through Thursday, March 24. Happily, our weekly numbers are too small to be of accurate statistical relevance when breaking them down for vaccination rates. Due to this, we will provide a breakdown of the vaccination status of cases on a less regular basis; waiting until there are enough cases that we can pool to make them statistically meaningful.
The Illinois Region 6, 7-day rolling test positivity was down to 1.4% through March 22, with Effingham County at 2.1% for the same period. ICU availability in our region is at 29%.
ECHD reminds residents that free drive-through rapid Antigen Tests are available Monday through Friday from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and again from 2 to 3 p.m. at 1904 South Banker Street; next to Wabash Tire in front of the Village Square Mall.
• No insurance is required for these free tests.
• This service is available to anyone seeking testing.
• For ages 5+.
• No appointment or physician order required.
• Rapid results the same day.
• Rapid tests while supplies last.
• There will be no testing on days the Health Department is closed.
For more information call ECHD on 217-342-9237 and select COVID Testing.