TITLE: Environmental Health Inspector
STATUS: Full-time, 35 hours per week
SCHEDULE: M – F, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. with occasional weekend/evening inspections for special events (i.e. Effingham County Fair)
The Environmental Health Inspector will conduct activities and deliver services in Environmental Health & Tobacco Prevention programs.
Environmental Health: Perform office and field work – including surveillance, education, and enforcement efforts – in relation to the regulation of food establishments, private sewage disposal, and on-site potable water protection. In addition, provide support in programs related to vector surveillance/control, solid waste, and other environmental health related fields.
Tobacco Prevention: Assist with conducting activities falling under the Illinois Tobacco Free Communities grant program. These activities include regulatory, educational, and collaborative efforts to promote tobacco prevention within the community.
- Per the Environmental Health Practitioner Licensing Act (225 ILCS 37/), an Environmental Health Inspector must have an associate’s degree or its equivalent, including a minimum of 9 credit hours of science. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- IL driver’s license
- Reliable transportation.
- Computer and writing skills required. Knowledge of PowerPoint preferred.
- CPR & First Aid certification preferred.
- Must be able to stand and walk 70% of the time.
- Must be able to lift/carry 10 lbs. approximately 10% of the time.
- Must be able to push/pull 30 lbs. approximately 10% of the time.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE DOWNLOADED AT
www.effcohealth.org or picked up at 901 W. Virginia St., Effingham, IL.
Return applications to email@example.com or drop off in person.
Effingham County Health Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.